Coaching/mentoring - what the CDU offers
What is it?
This is one-to-one support for doctors and dentists who need more expert help with their professional development than is available through the normal educational routes. Reasons can include:
- one or more difficulties at work
- training progress being significantly slower than expected.
For more detail:
- the CDU coaching/mentoring contract
- what trainees can expect from coaching/mentoring
- coaching/mentoring for established doctors and dentists
- the four stages of CDU coaching/mentoring for performance
Who is eligible?
Trainees and established doctors and dentists within the Oxford deanery are eligible. Read our full eligibility statement.
How do I access CDU coaching/mentoring?
Doctors and dentists can:
- be referred by their supervisor or employer, where the coach/mentor will also involve the supervisor/employer. The educator or employer who refers you will need to download and fill in our referral form and email it to email@example.com
- refer themselves for confidential coaching/mentoring - email firstname.lastname@example.org. Filling in a referral form for yourself can help us allocate a coach more quickly.
Alternative scheme for dentists