Health: information for trainees
- You need to inform your colleagues, your consultant and medical staffing if you have to go off sick, and it helps if you keep them informed of your progress. You will need to submit a self-certificate (available from medical staffing) if away more than three days.
- The length of sickness absence allowed in each grade before training is affected is:
- Foundation trainee in F1 and F2: three weeks in a four-month post, four weeks in a six-month post, or a total of four weeks overall in the year.
- GP trainee: two weeks in a 12-month post
- Specialty Trainee: three months in total over the period of SpR training before the date of a CCST is affected.
- Medic Support is a free confidential service for trainees in the Oxford Deanery and you can self-refer.