Career planning workshops
The PSU offers all Thames Valley Foundation trainees three free Careers workshops at their local education centre:
- For F1s: Your Career - Generic career development - 2017 dates
- For F1s: Your Career - Preparing for specialty selection - 2017 dates
- For F2s: Your Career - Communication/interview skills - 2017 dates
Your Medical Education Manager or Administrator will contact you about your local workshop/s.
If youre not able to attend your local workshop, you are encouraged to join one of the other sessions. Email the contact given with the workshop dates to request a place.
Your Career Generic career development
This PSU half-day workshop is highly interactive and recommended for all F1s.
- career planning tools and resources
- tips on portfolio building
- preparation for specialty selection
- selection interviews on DVD.
Your Career - Preparing for Specialty Selection
The content and dates/times of this half-day workshop for F1s will be published soon.
Your Career - Communication/interview skills
The content and dates/times of this half-day workshop for F2s will be published soon.
- The PSU offers individual and confidential career guidance for those with a significant career dilemma, who have tried other resources but remain uncertain - most often about which specialty to apply for. We can offer the Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI) as part of helping individuals understand their own preferences and approaches.
- Foundation trainees are also eligible for PSU coaching/mentoring, rather than career guidance, if they are experiencing difficulties in their role. See also our coaching/mentoring contract for how this works.
- If a trainee feels they need to talk to someone in confidence about work-related stresses or personal problems they can contact Medic Support, based in Oxford, for one or more free, confidential sessions.
Email us in confidence at: email@example.com
- see our Making medical career choices