Career workshops for Foundation doctors in 2013:
- Medic Careers I workshops for F1 doctors, called Your Career - Thinking Ahead, take place across the Deanery between the end of January and the end of March 2013. Foundation doctors who aren't able to attend in their local area, may book a date at another centre.
- Medic Careers II workshops for F2s, called Preparing for Specialty Selection take place in the autumn in all the Deanery education centres. Dates tbc.
- PLUS IN AUGUST/SEPTEMBER 2013 - three optional, small-group, highly interactive workshops for Foundation doctors unsure of which specialty to apply for. Dates tbc.
The half-day MedicCareers workshops on preparing for the next stage of your medical career are recommended for all Deanery Foundation doctors. They include:
- updates on selection
- what do you need to consider in choosing a specialty?
- building your portfolio
- tips on completing applications
- how to stand out at interview
- a chance to practise interview skills in a supportive group
- DVD clips of interviews
- a dedicated section of the workshop on GP selection.
Comments on learning gained in workshops in previous workshops:
'Precise elements of process of application - I had little idea about it before.'
'Early recognition of gaps in portfolio, to be filled prior to interviews.'
'What to do next. How to make a decision re: careers in a logical way. Generally brilliant!'
'I need to get feedback for teaching! I need to focus my portfolio.'